Biggest update is that we have an emergency fund! This means that we’re officially on “Baby Step 2″ (because we skipped #1 initially…sorry, Dave Ramsey!). I’ll post another update at the end of the month–I was just excited to have finished a goal!
Brennan and Lesa:
* Finish one book a month (minimum)
Brennan: Reading “1941”
Lesa: Finished “Bad Girls of the Bible“, “The Great Divorce“, and “Untamed” so far…
* Finish funding emergency fund ($1,000)
Open new savings account specifically for the emergency fund
* Finish paying off credit cards by December 2012
We made larger than normal payments on our two remaining credit cards.
* Finish using all Groupons/gift certificates
make a list and schedule on calendar as “date nights”
* Finish protecting important documents by purchasing a “fire safe”
We have started to research safes, and we are saving up to purchase one.
* Finish losing 30 pounds and keep it off permanently
Finish organizing clothes in bedroom (i.e. figure out solution with tiny closet) and keep them organized
Traveling so much lately has made keeping things organized a challenge, but we’re going to be home consistently for at least a while now…
* Finish YouVersion Bible reading plan
* Send 60 thank you notes this year (5 per month); finish sending wedding thank you notes (30 left…terrible, I know!)
I sent 7 during the month of January…1 in February so far…
* Finish purchasing “secret sister” gifts so that I am always prepared
I began making a plan for each month, including a budget, but have not purchased any gifts yet.
* Finish organizing attic and put everything in plastic containers for protection from mice/temperatures
This one might have to wait until Spring, because it’s REALLY cold in our attic…